The Télimélé project is a typical laterite bauxite type with mineralisation confined to limits of levelled surface of plateaux (bowes) above the water table that control mineralisation.
The main features of such deposits, which define the appropriate exploration methods, are:
- Sub-horizontal and sub-conformable (to topographic surface` position of bauxite horizon;
- Large size of mineralized bodies in plan view with considerable continuous strike extent;
- Spotty distribution of bauxite with higher quality (>45% Al2O3) due to sporadic appearance of gelified bauxite;
- Low variable laterite horizon thicknesses with higher variable thicknesses of bauxite;
- Generally low variability of grades in plan and high variability in vertical dimension (zonality of laterite crusts); and
- The lithological and geomorphological control of distribution of bauxite.
On the Télimélé project the drill holes are typically up to 23m deep. The mineralised horizons are close to horizontal, so all drilling is vertical.
There were several stages of exploration of the Project. The stages prior to 2010 were before EAR’s involvement in the Project (Mamedov et al., 2012):
|Type||Numbers||Metres||Raw Samples||Special Samples|
|Auger drill holes||9,742||124,021||123,528||N/A|
|Duplicate auger drill holes||16||210||206||N/A|
|Core drill holes||383||5,157||6,475||
material composition: 192;
bulk samples: 1,772
Bulk density (bulk samples): 236;
Bulk density and moisture (samples): 1,169;
Geotechnical samples: 64;
Water adsorption samples: 76;
Mineral Resources are reported in accordance with the JORC-Code 2012 Edition on Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves (2012) and was completed by CSA Global under the rules of a Competent Person as defined by the JORC Code 2012 Edition.
Mineral Resources are dated at 2016.
- Average thickness of ore body is 6-8 meters, with practically no overburden, except for topsoil
- Average silica — 2%, reactive silica — 1.1%
- Bauxite composition: gibbsite (60.89%), goethite (19.66%), hematite (9.20%), kaolinite (2.32%), illite (1.95%), rutile (1.39%), quartz (0.82%), anatase (0.57%), with 3.20% amorphous material
- The ore is amenable to low temperature Bayer process
35% Al2O3 cut-off
|40% Al2O3 cut-off|
|Tonnage (mt)||Al2O3(%)||SiO2(%)||Tonnage (mt)||Al2O3(%)||SiO2(%)|